618 Fest has been fast approaching for a while now. It’s finally only a day away, and still picking up speed. Pixie and Buck have been accruing an intense buzz throughout Philadelphia and the surrounding areas with their electronically flavored music and arts waterfront festival planned for this coming Saturday. The hype is well deserved, as the festival boasts an afternoon of rising hip-hop acts and a slew of international electro superstars to pump up the jams as the sun wanes into the eve. Body painters. Artist showcases. And even Sergio Flores, the Sexy Sax Man himself. Check out more info below, and be sure to grab a ticket fast.
Basic info: It goes down on Saturday, June 18th at the Great Plaza at Penn’s Landing. Hip-hop starts at 1pm with Gilbere Forte, electro at 5pm with Jokers of the Scene. The full lineup is below, be sure to check it out as it is one of the most diverse and talented groups of artists to ever hit Philly at once. You can purchase tickets at the bottom of this post, but more ticket info can be found here. For venue and transportation information click here, and for all additional information, click here.
A few reasons 618 is going to be unlike anything Philly has seen before:
- Sponsorship by Pabst Blue Ribbon…because everyone <3s beer, and PBR <3s 618.
- Drink samples by Colt 45 Blast. We hear it’s essentially 4Loko, so yeah, it’s going to be that kind of party.
- 5,000 people jamming and raving to hip-hop and electro right on the waterfront, on what is forecasted to be a gorgeous day.
- A 60-foot graffiti wall with pros tearing it up all day, sponsored by The Infamous Magazine.
- Tickets are actually reasonably priced, a rarity for a festival. $46 for 10+ hours of music or $35 for just the electro? SOLD.
- Super cool special ticket options are available as well: reduced prices for groups, hookah for VIPs, etc. See below for more details.
- And finally, we’re overjoyed to be getting some very overdue good fucking electro here in Philly. The hip-hop will be bangin’ as well of course, but damn…Porter Robinson? Autoerotique? Switch? Dreams really do come true.
One of the sets we’re most excited for is Switch’s, so we were stoked when Major Lazer dropped this brand new remix (he’s one half of the dynamic duo). Listen/download and start practicing your funky dancehall moves for Saturday.
618 Lineup + Schedule
Hip-Hop Afternoon: 1:00-1:45 Gilbere Forte / 2:00-2:45 Ground Up / 3:00-3:45 Tayyib Ali / 4:00-4:55 Shwayze
Electronic Night Show: 5:00-5:40 Jokers of the Scene / 5:45-6:25 AutoErotique / 6:30-7:10 T3RROR / 7:15-7:55 Porter Robinson / 8:00-8:55 Switch of Major Lazer / 9:00-10:00 The Cataracs
Official afterparty: 10:00-2:00 at Grey Social Lounge, featuring The Night Kids and Van-O. For guest list and table reservations, call Alex at 215.983.6031. 21+.
Even Dom Mazzetti is pumped for 618:
One last thing: this may be a rumor (although it also may not be), but we’ve heard that if you bring a cat on a leash, you get in for free. So borrow your parents’ cat, get in for zip, and just try not to get the cat too fucked up while you’re there. As a final thought, if wild promo antics like this are any indication for how the actual festival will go down, Saturday is going to be absolutely ridiculous. We’ll see you there.